Auburn Youth Soccer Association (AYSA) is a non-profit organization committed to developing and maintaining a healthy environment for both recreational and competitive youth soccer programs. We believe that all levels of soccer should be available to any player with the attitude, desire, and ability to compete regardless of financial status. It is our hope that no players opt out of soccer for financial reasons. Scholarships (financial assistance in the form of partial or full payment of the registration fees) will be available to members in need in accordance with the following guidelines and subject to the AYSA Scholarship budget.
AYSA shall provide scholarship funds to those individuals who can demonstrate need, to the extent possible as dictated by the AYSA budget as augmented by fundraising. AYSA will be limited in its ability to provide scholarship opportunities based on member participation in submitting annual player fees and success in fundraising efforts. In the event of unforeseen financial hardship or unanticipated expense, AYSA reserves the right to postpone, rescind or terminate the scholarship program for the greater good of the association and its members.
- Parents of players requesting financial assistance must make the initial request for financial assistance to the AYSA Registrar by completing a Scholarship Application form by the dates listed below.
- Forms must be filled out in their entirety and must provide a clear picture of need and circumstances relative to need.
- The maximum amount of a scholarship award shall be determined by the Executive Board. Scholarship recipients/parents shall agree to assist with association functions, i.e. AYSA auction, field prep, team management, team fundraising, etc.
- A majority vote of the Executive Board shall be required for any scholarship award.
- Scholarship award, amount of award, and the identity of those individuals that apply for financial aid shall be considered confidential and only those with the need to know shall be so informed.
- Scholarship recipients shall be notified in writing or email upon scholarship award and the amount of award shall be indicated in the notice. Registration/player fees not covered by a scholarship are the responsibility of the parent. AYSA reserves the right to request that scholarship recipients participate in fundraising activities at a higher than typically expected level in support of the scholarship program.
- Scholarship applications for players in the Modified Program-Spring League must be received no later than February 15, 2013.
- For further details and to request a Scholarship Application form, please contact the AYSA Registrar at email@example.com